I have an old time trial bike, but it’s showing it’s age… and more importantly it uses a non-standard (650c) wheel size. I wanted to get a nice(r) set of wheels for both road races and time trials/triathlons so last October (on my birthday) I purchased a new frame, planning to build the bike up over the winter. Winter came and went. Spring came and went. I finally got around to ordering the parts last week. I wanted to do my first Seymour TT of the year on Tuesday of this week, so Monday night I spent five hours assembling the bike. I was missing a few parts, so I had to scavenge some from two other bikes… but I made it work.
The time trial was my first actual ride on the bike, which may not have been the best idea. I did figure out pretty quickly what adjustments I still need to make. My time was actually the slowest I’ve done for the course by a couple seconds. I haven’t done this time trial in nearly two years. Last year I was injured and I’ve trained very little on the bike since Will was born. I’m rapidly gaining fitness on the bike at the moment, so I think by the end of the summer I’ll have a new best time.